Welcome to Day 3 of Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Week!
Today's theme is Ageism and we are pleased to share the following message of supports from both Alana Officer, WHO and IPA Board member and Board Chair of ILC-Canada, Dr Kiran Rabheru:
|Alana Officer-||Dr Kiran Rabheru-|
Special Issue: American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry - Combating Ageism, Mentalism and Ableism
Guest Edited by IPA Board Member, Dr Kiran Rabheru, MD, CCFP, FRCP, DABPN (Canada), this new issue includes a call-for-action to "accelerate and build momentum to transform the current global narrative of negativity bias and allow every older person to fully enjoy their life."
This issue is openly available at: www.ajgponline.org
ILC Canada: Thematic Report on Ageism – United Nations Independent Expert on the Enjoyment of Human Rights by Older Persons
- World Health Organization (WHO): International Screening "Duty Free" & Register here to get your free ticket
- World Health Organization (WHO): Global Report on Ageism
- IPA and WPA-SOAP Joint Statement on Rights of Older Persons with Mental Health Conditions
- World Health Organization (WHO) Global report on ageism
- United Nations (UN) Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner (OHCHR) Context Gaps and the Human Rights Imperative for Older Persons
- Ageism Amplifies Cost and Prevalence of Health Conditions
- Human Rights and Mental Health of Older Adults, recorded IPA/ WPA-SOAP webinar
- The rights of all older people need protecting: blog post