Welcome to Day 2 of Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Week!
Today's theme is Alzheimer's Disease and we are pleased to share the following message of support from Paola Barbarino, President of Alzheimer's Disease International (ADI). As referenced in the video, September is World Alzheimer's Month and we encourage you to learn more about this annual campaign and how you can join in each year to end both the misinformation and the stigma around Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- ADI's World Alzheimer Report 2021
- US Centers for Disease Control: Alzheimer's Disease and Healthy Aging
- Alzheimer's Association: What is Alzheimer’s Disease?
- US National Institute on Aging: Alzheimer's Disease Fact Sheet
- Aducanumab and Alzheimer’s Disease: IPA's position on controversial FDA approval
- Alzheimer's Society: What is Alzheimer's Disease? (4 minute YouTube video)
- Alzheimer International Society: Global Directory of Non-Profit Alzheimer organizations
- Find national Alzheimer's Associations with ADI's partner search tool