Welcome to the final day of Older Adult Mental Health Awareness Week!
As we wrap up this inaugural event on World Mental Health Day, we thank you for visiting, viewing, participating and sharing the many programs, resources, video messages and more throughout this Week. Mental health issues affect people of all ages, and older adults must not be left behind- in research, in diagnosis, in treatment and in care.
|In conjunction with World Mental Heath Day, Dévora Kestel, Director of Mental Health and Substance Abuse at the World Health Organization (WHO), shares this message:||Mental health is just as important as physical health - and Katie Smith Sloan from the Global Ageing Network shares this message:|
Call to participate from Dr Clarissa Giebel PhD:
We are currently looking for experts in the field of psychosocial mental health interventions in low- and middle income countries (LMICs). Funded by the ESRC and Newton Fund, in collaboration with the Universidad de Antioquia in Colombia, my team and I at the University of Liverpool are currently looking for experts in the field to remotely interview about their experiences. In total, we are looking to interview 20 experts about their experiences of developing, implementing, and evaluating psychosocial mental health interventions in LMICs. The findings from this study will help to inform a community-based mental health intervention for older adults in Colombia.
If you are interested or know someone who would be eligible, please contact me/ forward my details, we are looking forward to hearing from you! Interviews will take place until the end of December this year.
My contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Final Message from IPA's President-Elect, Dr Manabu Ikeda:
UN Decade of Healthy Ageing: Fundamental Rights Forum 2021- Combating ageism: building a world for all ages
DATE: 12 October 2021
TIME: 15:45–16:45 CEST
And these resources in support of World Mental Health Day:
- IPA's statement of support
- World Health Organization (WHO) 2021 Campaign materials
- Campaign slogan: Mental health care for all: let’s make it a reality
- Socials hashtag: #WorldMentalHealthDay
- World Health Organization's pamphlet on Good Mental Health in Later Life
- The WHO dementia health topic page for up-to-date information about dementia: https://www.who.int/health-topics/dementia
- The technical page on iSupport and all its derivative products: www.isupportfordementia.org
- The Global Dementia Observatory: www.globaldementia.org
- Practical tips for carers of people with dementia: https://youtu.be/SAhEDIWbnSM
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health (CCSMH)
- World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH): Mental Health in an Unequal World